Embrace the Power of Purpose. It Starts Here.
Get on the Impact Map
Are you looking to raise impact capital?
We are looking for funds, bonds, and other private offerings for the SVX 3.0 Platform — Canada’s largest directory of impact investments.
Whether you’re an issuer, investor, or an impact enthusiast, SVX connects you to a future of meaningful investments and transformative change. Get your product on our Impact Map today.
Increase your reach, exposure, and likelihood of finding the right investor for you by showcasing your fund, product, or investment offering on the SVX 3.0 Platform. With a carefully curated selection of products ranging from private equity funds and community land trusts to community bonds and social impact bonds, the SVX 3.0 Platform can showcase your impact.
“Why should I choose the SVX 3.0 Platform?”
Put Yourself on the Impact Map
Foster Growth and Development
“What is the product selection criteria?”
Minimum Screening Requirements
These are the fundamental criteria that must be met to be selected as a potential ImpactX Issuer.
- Impact sector alignment with social, environmental, and economic impact focus
- Investment size/scale with at least $2 million in capital being sought.
- Investment structures exclusively within the private or exempt market domain, encompassing private equity, debt, mixed private structures, and not limited to funds, bonds, and outcomes-based financing tools.
- Investment availability, Issuers currently in a capital-raising phase or those planning to initiate one in the next 6-12 months.
- Canadian domiciled, eligible for Canadian investors (impact not necessary in Canada).
Become a Verified ImpactX Offering: Requirements & FAQ
What impact standards are used in the selection criteria for ImpactX? ImpactX is a curated subset of qualified and vetted private impact investment offerings as recommended by an Advisory Group of industry professionals.
This set of opportunities will be announced semi-annually and showcased on the platform. These issuers must meet a set of additional, in-depth criteria related to management and governance, impact, finances, and equity:
1. Management and Governance
- Track Record: Demonstrated track record for active and established issuers or previous track record of team and partners for new and emerging issuers.
- Team: Aligned team experience, skills and performance.
2. Impact: Management and Standards
- Management: Impact management strategies, including impact measures.
- Standards: Adherence to market-standard for impact. This may include a third-party standard or agreement to code of conduct.
3. Finances: Sustainability, Structure and Exit Strategy
- Financial Sustainability: Strong financial model and potential for financial sustainability
- Financial Return: Potential for financial return from concessionary, below-market, at-market, to above-market rate.
- Exit Strategy: Clear strategies for exit that align with long-term impact and sustainability for issuer, investor(s) and community.
4. Equity: Racial and Gender Equity
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing racial and gender equity within management, governance, and business operations.
As an impact investing intermediary, SVX acknowledges the pressing need to adhere to international standards encompassing human rights, labour, environmental sustainability, gender equality, racial equity, Indigenous reconciliation, financial integrity, and transparency.
Our commitment is to operate in a fashion that aligns with these standards, striving for continuous enhancement of our practices to mitigate any adverse impact on stakeholders and the environment. Please see here for our ImpactX Issuer Code of Conduct.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will it take to submit my information?
The submission process for the database should only take a few minutes. In order to be considered for ImpactX, we estimate it will take up to 30 minutes to submit your information and documentation if it is already accessible and complete.
What is the pricing structure for the SVX 3.0 platform?
There is no access fee or listing fee for issuers. Further, SVX does not take a percentage of the capital raised. The basic platform information will be available to all users. However, there will be a tiered subscription fee for investors to access detailed information and documentation. Further, investors can request due diligence and will be charged a flat fee for service
What impact standards are used in the selection criteria for ImpactX?
It is important that issuers apply an impact standard to demonstrate their impact. Issuers have the flexibility to leverage various best-practice third-party impact certifications, impact principles, or impact assessment tools as standards to guide their organizational impact. The following list presents a comprehensive, though not exhaustive, compilation of these standards. See it here.
In the interest of standardization and comparability among issuers, we have subdivided the list into “Core” and “Non-Core” categories. Issuers are encouraged to share additional standards for evaluation by the ImpactX Advisors and the operating team.
How many products on the platform?
There will be an estimated 200+ impact investing products on the platform when we launch in January 2024.
How many products will be considered for ImpactX?
There is no limit to the number of products that will be considered for ImpactX. Based on current trends, we would estimate between 20-30 products will meet the ImpactX criteria by January 2024.
What if I am not ready for investment?
SVX offers investment readiness services for organizations, intermediaries, and governments seeking to develop impact investing funds, bonds, outcomes financing tools, and other innovative financing products. Please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a conversation or to get more information.
Are you looking for ventures?
At this time, we are not seeking direct venture equity (e.g. common shares or preferred shares) in individual, for-profit enterprises for the database or ImpactX. However, we would consider individual nonprofit organizations seeking debt financing for projects, outcomes financing tools, or real estate that met our criteria. Further, we are also open to other equity opportunities such as GP/LP structures.
- Incorporation document(s)
- Financial statements (audited, reviewed, or NTR)¹
- Offering document(s)
- Pro-forma financial projections/budget
- Impact standard or commitment
¹If historical statements are available.
Ready to put yourself on the impact map?
Click on the button below to fill out the form and submit your offering. Got questions? Email email@example.com.
For Investors & Impact Enthusiasts
How can investors get started with socially-conscious investing? How can investments be aligned with social and environmental impact?
The SVX 3.0 Platform is the one-stop-shop for investors to find socially-responsible investment opportunities. See our information webinar here (and webinar slide decks here) to learn how the SVX 3.0 Platform can benefit both your portfolio and the world around you.
Join our early-bird waitlist and be the first to receive upcoming news and early priority access to the SVX 3.0 Platform.